Tuesday, January 02, 2007

It just figures.

Bethany got sick with the nasty cough/cold that's been going around, right before Christmas. She's just now getting over it. She kindly passed it on to Matthew, and he's within a few days of being over it. Catey was next in line, and is at the peak. She took a THREE hour nap this afternoon. Brian got it too, he's on probably day five of it. And now I'm getting it. Fever, chills, burning raw throat, and soon I'll have the sinus drainage that tears up the throat and leaves you coughing nonstop.

Yeah, families get sick together all the time. But WE manage to get sick right when Daddy is leaving for six weeks. YAY! (*sniff sniff* Smell that? It's sarcasm.) Brian left for NCO Academy today.

I hate having to deal with sick kids when I'm sick myself, and nobody is home to give me a break. I'm always afraid something is going to happen and I'm not going to be able to deal with it. Which, in our home, is inevitable. I've got my best friend just around the corner from us, but she's working 70 hours a week.

Ugh. This is going to suuuuuuuuuuck. Brian had better get that Levitow and make all this worth it. ;)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, maaaaaaan! That is the worst! I hope it's over more quickly than you expect. Blech.

My hubby went to some (Senior, I think) NCO training dealy (in Alabama? or was it Texas?) for six or seven weeks--and it just happened to coincide with our first anniversary. And then there was another training TDY the next year that made him miss our second anniversary. Oh well, I suppose two out of four isn't too terrible. At least he wasn't deployed to a war zone. But I still pouted about it. Because I'm mature like that.

I hope the time flies!

Anonymous said...

I vote for not being sick. It sucks. I think we should just veto it altogether. What do you say?

Meg said...

Yes, please!

I spent an hour on the phone this morning, trying to get an appointment for all four of us. CHA, right. So the kids have an appointment for 9, 9:20, and 9:40 tomorrow, and I'll just use whatever medicine Bethany gets since she's almost better.

Now if they'd just stop their FIGHTING, life would be greatish. If I hear "GET OUT OF MY ROOOOOO-OOOOOOOOM!!!!" one more time....