Thursday, June 01, 2006

What is this TECHNOLOGY you speak of?

I am WAY behind the times. We didn't get a DVD player until a few short years ago. I can't tell you what a gigabyte is. RAM? Isn't that a mountain goat with really big horns? Or a Dodge truck? So needless to say, I'm rather behind the times when it comes to music as well. If I hear a song I like on the radio, I merely hope it comes back on the playlist soon. Or better yet, pray that the PX actually HAS the album so I can buy it. Yeah, we've got a LOT of CD's we don't listen to very often.

So I've finally discovered iTunes. I've spent the whole day trying to narrow down all the songs I've wanted to buy CD's for down to a whopping 20. TWENTY!!! How am I supposed to narrow down Hoobastank (I want the whole album!), Joni Mitchell, Joe Cocker, U2, all the awesomely ghey movie soundtracks.... ??????? And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I don't have an iPod yet, I'm just going to burn the songs to CD. I've never really understood the whole point of an iPod. Really, can't you people go just a LITTLE while without music? Do you really need a soundtrack for your life? Apparently so. And I'm starting to get it now.

1 comment:

James T Wood said...

I still don't use iTunes or have an iPod. I think I'm pretty much against anything with the i- prefix. I like music and all, but I am just doing too much other stuff to spend the rest of my time listening to music, and most music is pretty boring crap - I mean you're lucky to get two verses before you're subjected to the lame chorus about 53 times in a row. It's like the writers are saying, "What are these lyrics you speak of?" Stupid writers.