Tuesday, June 20, 2006

EWW EWW EWW EWW!!!!!



Yesterday when we got home from the beach there were several ambulances and firetrucks at a house around the corner. Not long after we got home one of the ambulances left at full speed, sirens and lights going.

This morning at 3 AM I made the mistake of checking my email and found a warning from our commander's wife. An adult had been bitten by a habu snake (thank God it was an adult, a child would have been killed) and it was a pretty bad bite. From the background in the pictures I know that this is what was going on around the corner. She also mentioned that a dog had been bitten and killed over on Kadena last week.

I'm not normally afraid of snakes, but habus terrify me. Needless to say, I had terrible snakey dreams all the rest of the night.

1 comment:

James T Wood said...

"Snakes! Why did it have to be snakes?"