Thursday, March 16, 2006

It's official

Today is the girls' last day of school. Starting Monday, we are a homeschooling family. I'm skeered. What am I getting us into? Am I really doing the right thing for my kids? Am I going to be able to give them the individualized education that they need, the whole reason I'm pulling them out of school to begin with? Are they going to make me so completely insane that I just crack? Am I going to destroy my kids by homeschooling them?

Doubt is a bad thing, and I'm drowning in it right now.

2 comments:

James T Wood said...

No worries, kids are resillient little things. Here's my thought: make them teach you what they know so far. That will get you to know where to start with them and give you an idea of how they learn - and best of all - put the pressure on them instead of on you for the first few days.

I also find that I learn things better when I have to explain them to other people - so they will grasp the concepts better and improve their communication skills at the same time.

Or you could just make them watch Seasame Street all day, that could work too.

Meg said...

Sesame Street is always cool.