Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I am completely insane. That's the only conclusion I can draw from all this.

We're going to pull the girls out of the DoDDs school and homeschool them instead.


What am I thinking? We love their teachers! They have fun at school. It's just not enough though. B. is currently in a multiage class, 1-3 grades, and consistently chooses to work with the youngest age group. She's not learning as much as she could be, because she's choosing the path of least resistance. C. is bored out of her mind, so much so that she's deciding that "I can't dooooooo it." Ergh.

Brian is concerned about my mental state as we go through with it. He's afraid I'll end up angry all the time. I think I'll be OK though. A big reason I was getting so angry all the time was because the girls were so worn out with schoolwork that they didn't want to deal with homework when they got home. They just wanted to be KIDS. Which is understandable. Besides, their homework is just ridiculous, so it was frustrating to walk them through it. My thinking is that if we're just doing our schoolwork during the day, we're not going to have to deal with extra homework, and the stress level will already be reduced. On top of that, they'll finally have time to be involved in sports and other activities. And field trips! We can go on awesome field trips! Can you tell I'm getting excited? ;)

My kids' education is paramount. Right now I see them beginning to flounder, and it scares me. With the "No Child Left Behind" program, even more kids are being dragged in the flow of the education system, whether they're ready to move on or not. That's not fair to the individual child. So I do what I have to do to make sure that THEY do well.






I really am crazy, aren't I?

1 comment:

James T Wood said...

Moderately crazy, yes, but as long as you admit it, that's the first step . . . to where I don't know, but it's a step somewhere, that's for sure.